Regular Switch to Dimmer Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
3magnet
Tradesman
Tradesman

Regular Switch to Dimmer Switch

by 3magnet » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:19 pm

We had our house rewired recently and had all the light switches installed as regular light switches, except for the bedroom lights.

Our lounge and landing light is a double switch. At the top of the landing we have the landing and bathroom switch as a double. I would however prefer to have the bathroom switch changed to a dimmer switch, but what about the landing switch? Will this have to be changed as well to a dimmer, or are there switches with a regular & dimmer switch on one plate (sorry, don't know the lingo). Would the wiring allow me to change this to a dimmer switch system, or should I get the installer to check it out?

Any advice would do thanks.

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:18 am

Using a grid switch for example Hamilton Grid-it available in CEF you can combine many options together but you may find the backing box is not deep enough to take the grid type switches. You may have seen this type of switch used to isolate washing machine, Fridge etc. in a kitchen. But in general I have never seen odd combinations of switches other than with grid switches.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:10 pm