PARTWALL ACT ISSUE
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

Hardhat
Labourer
Labourer

PARTWALL ACT ISSUE

by Hardhat » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi all,
We have a developer next to us that has built 4 houses. They then fenced them off (down my boundary) without giving me any party wall notice.

I intend to build a brick building up to the boundary, and have served them a party wall notice, but they dispute it on the grounds that i haven't given enough info. I was also told to deal with there surveyors and I need to pay the fee for their surveyor? I have since given all the info they requested and because I have refused to pay their surveyors fees, they don't want to give me the permission for the party wall act. Where do I stand? If I have to employ a surveyor and they use there surveyor, (as per part wall act, disputes) I still have to pay my surveyor so that won't achieve much, i still end up paying, wether theirs or mine. Up until this point I have done nothing wrong, but they have? where do I stand on this?
many thanks,
Paul (hardhat)