New Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tricky
Labourer
Labourer

New Boiler

by tricky » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi, my combi boiler needs to be replaced, i have had the following three recommended to me.
Baxi Duo-Tec 28, Potterton Gold 28 HE and Glow-Worm CXI 30.
Any advice on which is best would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tricky

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:39 am

I'd go for the Baxi or Potterton.

They're probably both very similar boilers and wont be much difference in price - if any - as Potterton are now part of the Baxi Group.

tricky
Labourer
Labourer

by tricky » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated.
regards
tricky

gremlin_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

by gremlin_1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:50 am

If you go for the Baxi/Potterton boiler make sure you have spare PCB's ready. They never seemed to last very long.( a problem that has been around for years) As for Glow worm they are ok untill they go wrong, their tech people are the most arogant to deal with.
Best service from boiler manufacture try Worcester Bosch.

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:58 am

The Baxi/Potterton range which gave great trouble from the PCB, was the Suprima/Suprema range, and featured on the BBC Watchdog Programme. They have since come up with a revised PCB.(The PCB was mounted on the RHS of the casing).
No other range has been remarked on, and the trade regards these 2 brands as easy to work on, and parts are easy to get and cheap.
Some HQ brands are so rarely worked on that parts supply and expertise, can be a problem.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1