what is the best satellite cable to install
Find answers to popular questions or post your own regarding any aspect of home entertainment

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
arches
Apprentice
Apprentice

what is the best satellite cable to install

by arches » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 am

I am changing to sky HD and am going to route the cable myself ready for the engineer to complete the installation. Which cable will provide the optimum signal and reception.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Use a low loss coax, keep the cable run as short as possible and just have 2 connectors - 1 each end.

Poor picture can be as much to do with the cable as the signal getting into the dish I'd be tempted to let them suply and fit eveything. That way the finger only points one way when there is a poblem.

Alternatively if what you are doing is just pulling cables rather than making connections I'd ask the installer to specify the cable you should use.

Cheers

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 pm

RG-59 is often used and RG-6 is also a 75 ohm cable with a little better properties but there are many 75 ohm cables many with no published loss and only safe way is to ask the installer they all call them selves low loss but some loose less than others. Remember the cable carries power as well as RF and this could affect the cable used.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:33 pm