Fitting Wooden Windows Into Concrete Block Cavity Wall
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
EdF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fitting Wooden Windows Into Concrete Block Cavity Wall

by EdF » Mon May 05, 2008 5:50 pm

I'm about to fit new softwood DG window frames into the apertures in a new concrete block cavity wall. Should I put a DPM around them, and are there any good fixings out there? Last time I used those long stud fixings (long, nail-like, in a plastic sheath) they were swines to use, many getting stuck halfway in, even though I used the correct diameter drill and cleaned the holes out.. It's a while since I used them and there may be something better available now. Any advice appreciated..

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

windows

by Steve the gas » Tue May 06, 2008 6:02 am

My opinion is you need "Frame" fixings and as a back up filler foam then sealant not "hammerscrews" as you describe then it should be fine. I used to work for a fixings company in a previous life!

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:08 pm