Adding a radiator to existing vented ch
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pmtyson
Labourer
Labourer

Adding a radiator to existing vented ch

by pmtyson » Sun May 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi

I live in a bungalow, our boiler is situated around 15m from the motorised values which seperate the ch from the how water. Boiler is in the garage and there is a long run of pipe through the loft to the valves which are situated in the same place as the header tank and pump. It is like this because it was previously powered by a log burner which was near to the header tank.

We are converting a porch into a toilet which is only about 3m from the boiler., and my initial plan was to run central heating pipes into the loft and along to where the valves and header tank are and tap into the system there. However I was wondering, would it cause any problems to add a second motorised valve for the central heating in the loft directly above the new toilet. The supply and return pipes from the boiler run right past here and it seems silly to pipe 15m all the way across the house and back again to get to this one radiator.

Would connecting into the system here affect performance of the rest of the system. The pump for the system is in the loft next to the valves.

Link removed. No external links allowed.

Thanks in advance

Paul

dave p
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Adding a radiator to existing vented ch

by dave p » Mon May 07, 2007 4:34 pm

you can add another motorised valve. use a room stat in the toilet rather than a trv. also you will only have to open the lockshields a crack otherwise you might get problems with the rads further away.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1