bonding upgrade.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
murphy
Apprentice
Apprentice

bonding upgrade.

by murphy » Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi. Thinking of setting up on my own and planning to join one of the "clubs". The job i have chosen for the assesment is a consumer unit change. The earthing arrangement is TNC-S and the Equipotential bonding is present to gas and water using 6mm cable. My question is this, do i have to upgrade the bonding to 10mm or do i put a comment on the EIC. I have looked in the regs book but can not find anything on it.

Cheers Murphy.

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

by kuzz » Sun May 18, 2008 5:13 pm

You can't force someone to pay for a bond upgrade and nobody would expect you to do it for free.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun May 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Table 52.3, 54.1, 54.7 and 54.8 all refer to cross sectional area. Also it is Book 3 which explains how to do inspecting and testing and also some reference is found in the Guide to 16th Edition. I don't think 17th Guide is out yet. I am not a member of any of these "Clubs" so I don't know what they look for.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi Murphy,
I have been a member of ECA for many years but have my 'part-p' provided by NAPIT. In fact this is my last year with ECA due to low returns for high fees!
In answer to your ? both say catagorically that if changing Con. unit then main and equipotential must both be to latest standards ie 16mm2 main and 10mm2 for services bonding, they say that if not done when board changing when will it get done?
Good luck with whichever provider you choose, assessment seems to vary with local assessor, my ECA one was a pr@t but NAPIT guy very helpful, but wanted to choose job & was VERY thorough but fair,
regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:24 am