Computer or Printer
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Computer or Printer

by mraich » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 am

Not sure whether this is a computer problem or a printer problem. The problem is when I print from an email it prints so small I can hardly read it. Most other things I print come out at the selected type size setting - 12 for example. Any ideas?
Thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 pm

You haven't said which software you are using to view and print the email but it seems possible the settings are set incorrectly by default. When selecting the print option, go into printer settings and check that the default parameters are correct.

mraich
Ganger
Ganger

DIY Computing

by mraich » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]You haven't said which software you are using to view and print the email but it seems possible the settings are set incorrectly by default. When selecting the print option, go into printer settings and check that the default parameters are correct.[/quote] Thank you, plumbbob for your reply. I'm afraid my computer literacy is not as good as you give me credit for. Not sure what you mean by the software you mention. My printer is a Canon BJC-4300. My email is with Yahoo Mail. When I went into Printer Settings I could not pin-point the default parameters.

EyeTry
Tradesman
Tradesman

by EyeTry » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Assuming you are using Microsoft`s Outlook then click on the e-mail in the Inbox to open that message to full-screen. Click on Edit (top of your screen in the heading bar) then on Select All. The e-mail text will turn high-lighted blue (depending on your set-up choice of course). Then click on View in that same heading bar and then on Fonts in the drop-down menu. You will have a choice of Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, Smallest. Run your mouse pinter to your choice and then release. Your text should change to your choice of font size.
The Help option at the top of the screen or the Office Assistant can be a great help with such queries. I just typed "Font size in e-mails?"
Hope this helps, EyeTry

mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Computing

by mraich » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:59 pm

[quote="EyeTry"]Assuming you are using Microsoft`s Outlook then click on the e-mail in the Inbox to open that message to full-screen. Click on Edit (top of your screen in the heading bar) then on Select All. The e-mail text will turn high-lighted blue (depending on your set-up choice of course). Then click on View in that same heading bar and then on Fonts in the drop-down menu. You will have a choice of Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, Smallest. Run your mouse pinter to your choice and then release. Your text should change to your choice of font size.
The Help option at the top of the screen or the Office Assistant can be a great help with such queries. I just typed "Font size in e-mails?"
Hope this helps, EyeTry[/quote]
Thanks EyeTry. Lost track of this subject. Only reading it now. Will try "Font size in emails".

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:57 pm