NO HOT WATER - RED LIGHT ON - 'FAULT'!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
turbo
Labourer
Labourer

NO HOT WATER - RED LIGHT ON - 'FAULT'!

by turbo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 pm

[b]I have a Gladhill PulsaCoil 2000 hot water system & a red light has come on - it says if this light comes on it means 'fault'. I have absolutely no hot water, although water is available through the taps still.It is cold.
Do you have any suggestions as I have contacted an emergency plumber & was told the system I have requires expert knowledge & that a part from the manafacture is probably what will be required.It is the weekend now & the plumber reckoned I would not have this sorted until midweek.I have a 2 yr old daughter & no hot water.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks. :( [/b]

EyeTry
Tradesman
Tradesman

by EyeTry » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Didn`t know what your boiler was but typing "Gledhill Pulsa Coil 2000" (note - an E in GlEdhill not GlAdhill) into the good old Google search gave a host of entries. You might like to read the entry:

"Pulsacoil Repairs
The Gledhill PulsaCoil transfers heat into the tap water using a pump and ... The vast majority of PulsaCoil 2000 breakdowns to which I am called out fall etc...

The writer refers to various faults - including a simple low water level in a header tank.... have a read of the full item, perhaps print it off to refer to yourself or to show whoever you get to look at it for you.

Don`t know if you have plumbing type-insurance cover or an immersion you can use until you get sorted out. Good luck, EyeTry

EyeTry
Tradesman
Tradesman

by EyeTry » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi again.... curiosity drove me on... if you look at the left hand of the screen / article you will see Contact details for the writer of the article. He says he operates from the Reading area but if you keep reading his "contact me" blurb you get a link with his details. He gives the manufacturer`s tel no but also his own. Reads like someone who knows what he`s doing.... over to you again. EyeTry

turbo
Labourer
Labourer

by turbo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi,

I will take a look at the website - Thanks for the info.
A plumber came out earlier today but he could'nt assess the problem.He said he will have to wait until Monday morning to contact the manafacturer direct - I have no hot water and a 2 yr old daughter!!!! The immersion is'nt working either - he didn't know why that was either.But the head water tank was bone dry,he got that to fill up again and said that could have been the problem and that it may sort itself out - It has'nt.
I am going to take a look at what you suggested.
Thanks again :)

chris segel
Labourer
Labourer

by chris segel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi Jade
I Answered the email you sent me,but it bounced back.
you need a thermostat conversion kit, but the fix for now is to reset the overheat stat. red button black cover top end in the middle. or download
A very simple job about 20 mins.
There is a guy up near you but I won't post his details on here, ring from the website if you want his details.

Chris from segel

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 am