outside light problem ?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
my old man
Apprentice
Apprentice

outside light problem ?

by my old man » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:38 pm

hi ,
i just wondering if anyone can me ? , i have two outside lights , both wired from the same single feed , one light has a sensor on it which triggers the other light on , both have the lights have been working fine for the last 7mths but all of a sudden the lights keep coming on and off constently , i have even tried to cover the sensor eye but they still keep coming on and off , this only happens at night time , please help because the next door neighbour keeps moaning :scratch:

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:56 am

Thought I had answered this but here goes again. Many sensors are multi function and switched on and off selects function a power cut can change function selected you need to read instruction to see if your sensor is of this type and the function has changed.
When using non viable light some things are transparent and it would depend what you covered sensor with.

my old man
Apprentice
Apprentice

by my old man » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:20 am

i covered it with a cloth

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 am

Do read the instructions that came with the sensor as they are not all the same a cloth will allow some light through and may not disable any infrared movement sensor function also it does take some time the is normally a delay built in to stop one odd cloud seeing it off so could take up to 15 min to activate.
This should all be in the instructions that came with it including how to switch off and on to change functions.
You need to read instructions.
Eric

my old man
Apprentice
Apprentice

by my old man » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Who do u work 4 or wot do u ?? , someone has told me the fault straight away which i have done and the problem is resolved , no messing bout like u said !!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:47 am