Radiator - how to use 'SENTINEL' scale inhibitor
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
worm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Radiator - how to use 'SENTINEL' scale inhibitor

by worm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:50 pm

I have a new Central heating system, while fixing new skirting it was easier to remove a few (2) rads via draining them.

The system was originally '6 months ago' correctly CORGI fitted and treated for scale and corrosion. Having removed 2 of the rads, I now want to hook them up again and thus replace the 'inhibitor' concentration that was lost when I drained the 2 rads.

Does anyone know how to do this? - Fill the rad with 'Sentinel'??? Also the correct volume/ratio to use????

Many Thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:51 pm

After re-fitting the rads and before filling, remove one of the end caps and using a funnel and a piece of tubing pour the inhibitor into the empty rad. I always try to use a towel rad as the end caps are on the top so no funnel.

Inhibitor's have different concentrates so you need to read the instructions to work out exactly how much you need. Normally 2.5 litres is sufficient for up to 8 radiators. So having removed only two, you will only need a cup full probably. If you have a small system, and the installer put a whole container full in (usual practice) then you may not need to add any more as there is sufficient already in to cover the loss.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:33 pm