condensation or something worse...
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shellsattic
Labourer
Labourer

condensation or something worse...

by shellsattic » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi, I am suffering with major condensation problems. Moved into a house 1yr ago so dont really know the full history it may have, its 28yrs old. The walls in the kitchen dinner are getting very wet. We didnt know this until I cleaned behind my PINE unit and found black mould. We removed the unit which improved things, removed the wall paper and painted it with the anti condensation paint and so far it has helped. Today however, I moved my bedside cabinet PINE again, to clean and found black mould on the wallpaper here. This is the same wall but a level higher. Also in the mornings when I open the curtains I have been finding that the top of the window recess has large drips and the paper feels very wet. Is this really condensation or could it be something worse. As I have PINE wardrobes I moved them ( ? thinking is there a link with pine)and yes there is more black spores. Would it help if I kept my heating on all of the time but very low as the house is heated for 2hrs in the morning and about 5 in the eve and off all day and night, so the house is colder most of the time than warmer. Would it help if we had our cavity filled. Please help... :idea:

mdpmspitfire
Tradesman
Tradesman

damp

by mdpmspitfire » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 pm

hi, background heat and lots of ventilation will often remedy condensation issues. Heat on its own just moves moisture around and it will settle on the next coolest surface. there are lots of more complex issues and resolutions but try this first. also keep furniture a bit further from walls to aid airflow.
mark

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:37 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:33 am