40/41cm cooker hood??
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mommienina
Labourer
Labourer

40/41cm cooker hood??

Post by mommienina » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Im trying to re-do my kitchen. Once I have fitted the wall presses, Ill only have 41cm of space for a cooker hood though, I cannot re-locate the position the oven and hob will be in. Im getting a electric oven and a gas hob.. Ive never had a cooker hood before so wont really miss not having one, but would like to be able to get one for the space over the cooker.. or a suitable alternative..I need one that is un-vented because I have no way of adding a vent.
Ive seen some for hundreds of pounds, but they are way out of my budget and as im in ireland I need a supplier near me.

Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated !

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:47 am

Not sure where to get a extractor from, but your post suggests the gap between any wall units will be narrower than the hob unit, which will contravene regulations. If you check your hob installation instructions, it will state a minimum clearance between the hob and any combustible surfaces which must not overhanging.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:18 pm