induction hob safe on wooden worktop?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scoobysue
Labourer
Labourer

induction hob safe on wooden worktop?

by scoobysue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Is it safe to instal an induction hob onto a solid wood worktop. Could find no information on either hob or worktop saying they could not be used together prior to purchase. Hob has arrived and fitting instructions say it must be fitted to heat resistant surface. Am now worried that I've spent hundreds of pounds on either worktop or hob that I cant use. Am hoping someone has the answer I want to hear!

Since having my Saturday morning panic (could'nt get hold of supplier and wanted an answer quick!) have spoken to manufacturer and they have confirmed it is safe. Many thanks to Aldo though for the quick response and suggestion.
Last edited by scoobysue on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Research introducing a thin heat resistant cloth/material between worktop and hob.

google "heat resistant materials".

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:57 pm