Dishwasher plumbing...Hot water connection...
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
s7eve
Labourer
Labourer

Dishwasher plumbing...Hot water connection...

by s7eve » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 am

My Indesit dishwasher shows in the instructions that [i]the water supply can also be connected to the house's hot water line(centralised system, heating system) as long as it does not exceed a temperature of 60 degrees.[/i]IS THIS MEANING THE CENTRAL HEATING.
Where I want to site this dishwasher (opposite the sink) there are 2 pipes where there looks as there used to be a radiator.
I can't take up the flooring on top of the floor boards to run a cold pipe under, so these would be great if I can use them to provide this hot water.
I won't have a problem with the drainage as the external wall is next to the dishwasher.
SO CAN I USE THE CENTRAL HEATING PIPE and ANY OTHER ADVICE.

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Never use central heating water.
1 It would increase erosion of central heating.
2 It would be dirty
Dish washers normally use cold fill as thinks like egg wash off better with cold water then they heat the water up. Mine is where the washing machine was before the extension was built and I plumed to hot and I saw no reduction in cleaning, the cycle time reduced, the electric bill went down. But it was on a very old dish washer.
60 degrees is cutting it close. 54 degrees will allow legionnaires to multiply so unless you had a pumped hot water system like used in hotels to ensure the water in the line is kept to 60 degrees I would consider this too cold for safety. This is of course why we should not use solar water heating in the UK. The systems using it have sealed water systems and additives to stop both erosion and legionnaires.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:26 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:38 pm