Paint or render to cover blockwork?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PhillipC
Labourer
Labourer

Paint or render to cover blockwork?

by PhillipC » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 pm

I want to improve the look of some blockwork walls that have been used to extend an old stone garage at the house I have just bought. Any thoughts on what the best approach to this would be appreciated. Slapping on some stone-coloured exterior paint seems the simplest, but will leave the obvious shapes/joints of the blockwork showing. Is rendering, then painting, better in the long run?

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:28 pm

It's all down to personal choice. If it were me I'd render (blockwork ONLY) then paint.

Cheers

PhillipC
Labourer
Labourer

by PhillipC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks Rosebery. It usually is the case that the best solutions are the most work ... so I'd better just make time to do it and order some materials.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:24 am