Keeping Dogs in an outside building, is planning required??
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
j9kelly
Labourer
Labourer

Keeping Dogs in an outside building, is planning required??

by j9kelly » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi, wondered if anyone has any info on this.. I have a piece of land (greenfield) on which stands a concrete block outbuilding. There is light, ventilation and warmth and i currently allow my cousin to utilise the building to house his dogs which he trains as prison, sniffer dogs etc. They are well looked after, fed and exercised and no money exchanges hands for this, it is just a favour allowing him to use the building. We have been contacted by the council and RSPCA (who have already inspected and said they were happy??) who now want a meeting over usage. Is planning or official usage required for housing dogs as this is not an official kennel?? Any knowledge greatly appreciated.. Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm

j9kelly,
The key issues will be how long the building has been there and if it is there with the benefit of PP, what use was approved. The current use is not agricultural so you may have to apply for PP which will bring in other issues of access, noise, sanitation etc.
end

j9kelly
Labourer
Labourer

by j9kelly » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply, the building has been there over 30 years and the council do accept that, no official usage ever determined though so i suppose that will be the next argument...

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1