Gas Central Heating packed in
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tonybananas
Labourer
Labourer

Gas Central Heating packed in

by tonybananas » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 am

Gas Central Heating has just packed in at the worst time possible :(

Boiler is a Glow Worm Swiftfolw 75/80 don't have any more details right now as don't know much about central heating or boilers but could check up. (am off to work in 5 minutes).

Wife said pilot light was off last night and couldn't get it back on. When I checked I think it was because she was trying to light it with system switched on. I switched it off and pilot came on no problem.

However... radiators only heated mildly before losing all heat totally. Pilot lihgt still lit and we can get hot water. When I switch the system on there is no "click" or "flame ignition " sound which tells me something is not happening inside the boiler. However when we turn hot water tap on the "click and ignition" sound happens, so whatever is "not happening" inside the boiler only affects the heating.

because I don't have much of a clue am considering leaving hot water tap on to see if this helps the heating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Possibly a problem with the diverter - everything else, like Fan, Gas Valve, APS etc are working.

htg

norwich-plumber
Apprentice
Apprentice

by norwich-plumber » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 pm

is the pressure ok on the boiler ie between 1 and 2 bar

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 am

As Htg , check diverter.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1