Blum Kitchen Hinges
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trogre
Apprentice
Apprentice

Blum Kitchen Hinges

by trogre » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 pm

I have at the moment Blum hinges on kitchen cabinet doors. In 15 years that they have been up never once have they come loose.On looking at some spare hinges that I had left over I noticed rather than on the cheaper hinges where you screw the 2 screw directly in the chipboard or these days mdf .These Blum hinges have a small type of plastic rawplug which insert in door first.

I would like to by some new ones as my new doors that I have to fit seem to only have holes just for screws and I am sure over time the screws will work loose and I will end up with classic door falling off/loose.
I have done a search but cannot find the appropriate name for these small door screw plugs ,or where to buy them
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 pm

trogre,
The only place where I know you can buy these is IKEA.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 pm

So why not fit Blum hinges? The company still exists. You could, of course, ring them direct and ask them where they get their "plastic rawlplugs" from or indeed if they could supply you with some.

Cheers

swadie
Apprentice
Apprentice

by swadie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:19 am

[quote="rosebery"]So why not fit Blum hinges? The company still exists. You could, of course, ring them direct and ask them where they get their "plastic rawlplugs" from or indeed if they could supply you with some.

Cheers[/quote]

the plastic rawlplugs come fitted to the new hinges as they are a " knock down "hinge
still available and used today the other alternative is hafele

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 pm

"the plastic rawlplugs come fitted to the new hinges as they are a " knock down "hinge still available and used today the other alternative is hafele"

Think he might have solved it by now. This was eight weeks ago!!

Cheers

toomanyairmiles
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Blum Kitchen Hinges

by toomanyairmiles » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 am

The part you're looking for is a 'Fixing Dowel' or 'Plastic Dowel' - google those phrases and you'll find the part you seek.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:25 pm