Rotating soil pipe junction to move w.c.
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
doug.graham@virgin.net
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rotating soil pipe junction to move w.c.

by doug.graham@virgin.net » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 am

Guys,

I need to relocate a w.c. from one wall to the adjascent one. This will entail rotating the soil pipe through 90 deg. The soil pipe connects with the stack in the junction of the two walls involved. The soil pipe and the stack are plastic (Push fit I think).

Do you have any hints as to how best to rotate the junction. I dont want to rotate the upper section of the stack or disengage it if possible as the exit through the roof has been problematic in the past.

Is there any way to lubricate the joins to make rotation easier or will brute force suffice.

Appreciate your thoughts,

Doug

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't know of any way to lubricate the joint as they are obviously sealed. You may be lucky and find the stack turns easily, but maybe not.

If it is pushfit, then it will turn with force. I have done it on many occasions, but the problem is as you say, stopping the upper section from turning and breaking the seal. If it is upstairs, the bottom section may turn too.

You can get a second person to stop the pipe turning by using a length of rope and a piece of 2 x 2. It is difficult to explain, but I can try if you need it.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:23 pm

If its pushfit with rubber seals you should be lucky. If its solvent weld you have no chance and it will have to be replaced.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:09 pm