Replace Primatic with indirect cylinder
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stigdee
Labourer
Labourer

Replace Primatic with indirect cylinder

by stigdee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi guys ..My ancient Primatic hot water cylinder sprung a leak and I replaced it with an indirect cylinder...trouble is the central heating doesnt work anymore....do I need to add another F&E tank to the system ( the old system just had 1 feed tank) if I need to add another feed tank where do I connect it to the new indirect cylinder ? please also be aware i'm a total novice at plumbing :lol:

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Yes you do need a separate F&E tank and that MUST be piped properly and not connected to the cylinder. With all due respect I think you need a plumber.

stigdee
Labourer
Labourer

by stigdee » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks for the reply rosebery I thought as much....im guessing it needs to be connected to the pipework leading to the coil ?

gasmick
Tradesman
Tradesman

by gasmick » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:44 pm

you have just created a time bomb so do not turn on the boiler as there is now no expansion to the system the expansion tank should go in the roof with a cold feed and an expansion pipe over the tank
anyway you should not be fitting the repacement cyld yourself as it comes under the building regs notification scheme so only a competent person IE corgi engineer is classed as such so he can self certificate
i think you will see on the side of the new cyld there is such a notice that should be filled in
Ime afraid its all down to regulations these days gone are the days when d i y could do anything

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 am

"anyway you should not be fitting the repacement cyld yourself as it comes under the building regs notification scheme so only a competent person IE corgi engineer is classed as such so he can self certificate"

Thats not so. You only have to be registrered for unvented with a G3 ticket. For vented if you employ an Insitutue Of Plumbing member you do not need to involve Building Control. He doesn't need to be CORGI (Gas Safe from 1 April).

You CAN do it yourself but you DO need to involve Building Control.
Last edited by rosebery on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stigdee
Labourer
Labourer

by stigdee » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks again for the info guys....."Time Bomb"....Phew!!!....I can live without heat until I can get a plumber involved.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:35 pm