Fitting Re-claimed Timber Floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve Parker
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting Re-claimed Timber Floor

by steve Parker » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:04 pm

I am renovating an 18th century cottage. It has concrete floors sealed with a black paint on mastic. I want to fit reclaimed timber floor and intend to put down a plastic sheet as a damp membrane, then 1" battens with thermal insulation between. The flooring would be nailed to the battens. How can I fix the battens down and maintain a damp proof seal please (or any other proposals you may have to achieve the same insulated floor)?

eastwood flooring
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fitting Re-claimed Timber Floor

by eastwood flooring » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:27 pm

[quote="steve Parker"]I am renovating an 18th century cottage. It has concrete floors sealed with a black paint on mastic. I want to fit reclaimed timber floor and intend to put down a plastic sheet as a damp membrane, then 1" battens with thermal insulation between. The flooring would be nailed to the battens. How can I fix the battens down and maintain a damp proof seal please (or any other proposals you may have to achieve the same insulated floor)?[/quote]
Hi steve, why not seal the concrete floor with a dpm liquid screed. when dry glue the battens to it and then lay floor on battens as planned. have you taken a moisture reading? should be less than 18% max allowance.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:32 pm