annoying window popping up
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jasont82
Apprentice
Apprentice

annoying window popping up

by jasont82 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:15 pm

hi guys

im having problems with my gfs laptop. im not very good with computers and have been trying to fix it by installing ccleaner, buying AVG internet security and this other program called regcure.. ive used all three to scan and delete things that shouldnt be there but this window keeps popping up.

SERVER BUSY
"this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. choose 'switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

i click on 'switch to' and the start button pops up, then i click on the destop to make the start button disappear and the same box pops up saying the same thing. doesnt matter what you do it just keeps popping up. every now and again it will stop and you can use it for a while but then it just pops up later. anyone know how to stop it? ive pressed ctrl, alt, del to get the task manager up but there is never 'another busy program' other than the one im using.

the other thing that pops up when windows starts is three seperate windows that say.

RUNDLL
error loading c:\windows\system32\asmrnsai.dll
the specific module could not be found.

the other two are the same window but just with two different endings
system32\rmvohuxitwwouqs.dll
system32\gvccgqso.dll

i would have just restarted the whole computer but my gf thinks she never had any backup disk or reboot disk when she got it. i would just restart windows but i dont have that either. what should i do? also if i take it to a computer shop does anyone know the going rate for fixing a laptop? what should i expect to pay?

cheers jason

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:19 pm

It sounds about knackered to me mate.

You could try a registry cleaner such as 'max registry cleaner' which should get rid of the RUNDLL messages.

Ideally you need to reinstall windows..... from my experience with your symtoms a repair install wont do it and you will need to format the harddrive and reinstall fresh, thus losing everything and returning your machine to as new. Sorry.

Backup any data and once its reinstalled stop downloading ******* and you should be good!

I would charge about £40-50 which represents about 3hours straight forward work so expect to pay atleast that on the high street.

ghingres
Labourer
Labourer

Re: annoying window popping up

by ghingres » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Jason,

My first guess is you've got un-invited guests on your computer...

You say you've loaded cccleaner: -

1/ fire it up and click on "tools" icon on the left - a new screen will appear on the rigt.

2/ there will be two options on the left of this list, uninstall and startup. Choose [ startup ]

3/ Review whats in this list. If you don't recognise it (use google to assist if unsure).. click on it and then the button [disable]. Don't worry you haven't deleted it... just stopped windows firing it up on next restart.

4/ after you've disabled any you don't like the look of.. restart your machine. If it has cured the problem with no side effects.. you can either a) use ccleaner and enable items until you find the culprit - then delete it permanently (and where it is on the disk) or b) just accept you've got software installed thats now been disabled !

Hopefully this will give you some ideas...

Gary

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 am