Kitchen cupboards repaint
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dazza1
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen cupboards repaint

by dazza1 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi need some advise regarding my pine kitchen doors are looking tired. I want to paint them but I'm not too sure how to go about it. Do I need to give them a light sanding down before painting? or do I need to take it back completely to wood. Afterwards when I want to paint them I just prime them and then paint them the colour I want right?? Also after I've finished painting them do I put a clear varnish over them so that I can wipe them clean.

Thanks ever so much for your help.

dunkley01
Labourer
Labourer

by dunkley01 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Dazza. I painted our doors some time ago. (5 years ish) Main problem can be grease film on doors, especially cooker hood panel (if you have one) and tops of wall cupboard doors. First wash/degrease and allow to dry. Light sand all over. Don't skip the hard to get at corners. Good prep is the key. Apply good quality paint system of primer, undercoat then top coat. I used a semi matt green which gave a "shaker" look. Don't trust so-called "one coat". Paint is still good now.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm