combi boiler on bottled gas??
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jakebullet
Labourer
Labourer

combi boiler on bottled gas??

by jakebullet » Fri May 15, 2009 8:05 am

hi there, my fisrt post of many i hope.

i have a spare combi boiler, which i was thinking of blanking the central heating ends and using it to supply lovely hot water in my garage. however although i have water and electricity, i dont have gas in there. if it possible to run a combi boiler for the odd bit of hot water from bottled gas?

cheers
jake

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri May 15, 2009 2:34 pm

You will need at least one radiator or some sort of heat sink, as firstly you will have top pressurise the boiler otherwise it wont work and you need somewhere for the excess heat to go when the hot tap is turned off - normally a radiator.

As for the gas side - yes it would work as this is what is used in caravans etc - you will need an LPG conversion kit for the boiler - but it's not a DIY job you need an RGI with LPG tickets.

htg

jakebullet
Labourer
Labourer

by jakebullet » Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 pm

thanks for the reply htg,

would i be able to do the pipework etc and have it inspected but the RGI? a bit like lpg systems on cars?
cheers
jake

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat May 16, 2009 4:46 pm

RGI - Registered Gas Installer.
With relevant qualifications to work on LPG.

You could do all the plumbing pipework yourself but will need the RGI to do tha gas work, install governor, tests etc.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm