MCB tripping
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cilcain24
Labourer
Labourer

MCB tripping

by cilcain24 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 am

I live in a two storey house. It is about 20 years old. About 3 months ago, the upstairs lights and the central heating fuses in the Hager Consumer Unit (with fuse carriers) kept on blowing up every few weeks. I changed the Consumer Unit to new one with MCB, but the problem did not go away. Both MCBs trip up as soon as I turn them on. Also, the Immersion heater in the Consumer Unit goes to the same one as the sockets, is that correct? When I use a separate MCB for it, that one also trips after a while, but seems to be working fine when sharing the socket's MCB. Is it safe to leave it like that? Your help and advice is appreciated.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 am

Best option get an electrician to look at it, sounds like something is shorting.
KB

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by steve the plumber » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Are the fuses the correct ampage? Your heaters should not be connected to the same MCB as your sockets. You need to get a leccy out as soon as possible to have a proper look and test the individual fuses.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:10 am