kitchen appliance switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TENFITTALL
Labourer
Labourer

kitchen appliance switch

by TENFITTALL » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:13 pm

hi, i have numerous switches for appliances in the kitchen ie washing machine/fridge/electric spark for hob. can i replace these standard switches with 20 ax dp switch with neon. i am changing switches from basic white to brushed steel. if not what should i replace these with. thanks paul

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:55 am

Look for grid switches these have separate switches, fuse holders, lamps which all can be fitted together to form near anything you could want.
MK make one range and Crabtree another.
TLC, Screwfix and many other sell these switches but of course you need to know what is required.
The switches normally all have white plastic switches but plates with a whole variety of finishes to go over the grid plate.
Because it all comes in bits I would go to local whole sale outlet so you can be sure you have all you need including any blanks. They are expensive.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 am

You should be okay to do that, what type of switches are currently used to operate the appliances?

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 pm

No problem with this Paul provided the switches you intend to replace are not fused spur units.

TENFITTALL
Labourer
Labourer

by TENFITTALL » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:48 pm

cheers guys. got further clarification today from a spark. made one small error when i replaced the old for new i didnt realise that the feed on the old was oppisite way on the new hense the neon was always on. pays to check the feed and the load terminals.

20ax dp swithes are fine as they are realy only to cut power to appliances that are built into units.]

thanks again

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:31 pm