A live wire??
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fionacottiss
Labourer
Labourer

A live wire??

by fionacottiss » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Hello, I have just found out that there is a live wire on the flat roof of where i am living, how safe am I?!! The fuse box seems to be banging and as its raining there is flashes and poping from outside.

I am well scared as i dont have a cluee!

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:11 pm

You not safe.

And you should not be wasting time writing on forums you should be calling some one out to fix it.

As you say Flat not sure who. You need either owner or if you are owner an electrician.

Best always to follow up any phone calls with a conformation in writing. First thought would be to turn off all power but since you say it is on roof it could be before the main switch and may need the supplier.

But to try to work out who on here is just waiting time. If you don't know who to call then look in phone book and find nearest electrician and start from there.

Since this forum needs the posts moderating first and no pictures it is not the way to work out this problem it is far too slow.

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Come on Fiona, why are you on here looking for someone to give you a clue. You surely must realise the dangers that surround you. Phone IMMEDIATELY for an emergency electrical company and have this situation made safe.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:22 am