Can't remove light fitting to replace bulb PLEASE HELP!!!!
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
spincat
Labourer
Labourer

Can't remove light fitting to replace bulb PLEASE HELP!!!!

by spincat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:32 pm

I've got an Apollo circular four way internal IP44 light fitting which fits flush to my bathroom ceiling and now my lightbulbs blown, I can't for the life of me work out how to remove the fitting to replace bulb. Can someone please help??? It's driving me crazy!! :x

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:21 am

spincat
not sure what an apollo circular 4 way light looks like, so i'm guessing when you say flush fit, that it's the type that takes the circular halogen flat faced bulbs.
If so look around the edges of bulb for three quater size circular clip, you'll see two little spikes pointing in towards centre of bulb, squeeze them togather to release clip and bulb will then become accessible.
regards
KB

spincat
Labourer
Labourer

Light fitting

by spincat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi KB - thanks very much for the advice - I'm off to give it a try!!! :o)
Kind regards, Spincat

Steve K
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Steve K » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:10 am

I have a similar problem but my light has only one standard looking bulb in it. I would like to replace the bulb with a low energy one. But I cannot work out how to remove the casing so that I can get access to the bulb. This light is not flush with the ceiling. It is a PrimeL??? (could be PrimeLight but I can't see the last 3 digits clearly) Apollo Circular LBLP325 IP44.

help with this would be much appreciated.

Mermaid
Labourer
Labourer

by Mermaid » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:18 pm

[quote="Steve K"]I have a similar problem but my light has only one standard looking bulb in it. I would like to replace the bulb with a low energy one. But I cannot work out how to remove the casing so that I can get access to the bulb. This light is not flush with the ceiling. It is a PrimeL??? (could be PrimeLight but I can't see the last 3 digits clearly) Apollo Circular LBLP325 IP44.

help with this would be much appreciated.[/quote]

Hi,
just stripping my bathroom ceiling and been phaffing for ages how to undo my flush circle light to ...Did not find it on here :( so lost my ragg with it and hey ho ! the outer rim just pulled off in my hand !!! Then found the glass bowl if you like, is held in by clips. I just flicked them out way and yuk afew flies an beetles in there! The bulb is a 60watt screw in candle bulb.
You may have sorted yours by now ...but i wanted to write this in here to help others like me :D DIY Doc is priceless when you live on own !
Kind Regards
Mermaid

Chippychap
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Chippychap » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

I guess you guys must have sorted the problems by now.
A similar prob here was resolve when a neighbour just unscrewed the light fitting glass off the fitting.

kms1
Labourer
Labourer

removal of IP44 light fitting casing - PLEASE HELP!

by kms1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:49 am

Hi there - please help,

We too are struggling to remove the casing to get to the lightbulb.
I see the last posting was October 2008, but hopefully someone will see this post and be able to help, otherwise we will be showering in the dark until the lighter mornings come along!

Does anyone have any tips?

Many thanks

kms1

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:52 am

you might have had more luck getting an answer to this if it had been posted correctly in the first place - belongs in electrics forum, not this one.

Eureka
Labourer
Labourer

by Eureka » Tue May 31, 2011 11:13 am

Hello, I have just had a 'Eureka' moment after spending far too long trying to remove the light fitting in the bathroom to get at the bulb. There were no obvious external clips and it is a matter of twisting the glass covering a quarter turn and then the covering can be removed. there are plastic clips inside the fitting which 'lock' the fitting in place.

This may be of help to you if your fitting is stubborn and has no obvious method of removal.

CLISTON
Labourer
Labourer

by CLISTON » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Steve K wrote:I have a similar problem but my light has only one standard looking bulb in it. I would like to replace the bulb with a low energy one. But I cannot work out how to remove the casing so that I can get access to the bulb. This light is not flush with the ceiling. It is a PrimeL??? (could be PrimeLight but I can't see the last 3 digits clearly) Apollo Circular LBLP325 IP44.

help with this would be much appreciated.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:35 pm