Building Regs etc
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

Building Regs etc

Post by thedoctor » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:32 pm

To post a question for a Diy Doctor tradesman or your fellow users, to answer please click on “New Topicâ€

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Planning extension

Post by kbrownie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Just in the process of buying some land next to my home. I intend to build onto the back and side of my house. It will double the size of my property.
I am quite good at DIY and i'm willing to tackle anything, not just to save money but I enjoy the experience and satisfaction it brings.
I would like to plan my house myself, does anybody have any friendly words of advice. :D
Cheers
Keith

diydoctor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by diydoctor » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:33 am

Have a great time planning and building but do engage ( after interviewing a few) an architect to advise you of builing regulations, insulation, heating, fire and electrical regulations in particular. Some of the stuff you plan may not be possible, or could be done far more easily, with knowlege of the regs. A good architect will save you a fortune but not stand in the way of your ideas and passions.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1