Self cert registration .
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

Self cert registration .

by Jeffmo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Anyone who knows please.Having been an avid reader on this site i am finding a few things a little difficult to comprehend
1.) On being registered say with NICEIC , how can one complete a major job ( which is a requirement for registration) without being able to do the job in the first place because it is part p ie: a new ring main or a re-wire .I am most dis-heartened and confused .
2.) How can you do a simple job or minor as they call it if you cannot test the job when you have finished ( confused .com)
The main reason for asking is when Mr NICEIC comes out to check you and your jobs you can't exactly tell him ' OH I GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO FINISH IT ' now can you .Any explanations will be most welcome..Regards Jeff

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:20 pm

I am sure you have asked this b4 jeffmo...
either do some non part p work, or some similar light commercial work or pay bldg control price to allow you to do a job legally then use it as your test job.
You must be issuing test certs for all work any way so NICEIC or whoever you go with will want to see some evidence of this, not necesarrily part p work! regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:57 am