Smooth Over Coverings
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYDAVE09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Smooth Over Coverings

by DIYDAVE09 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:28 am

Has anyone any experience of using Ronseal 'Smooth Over and Repair'? I have read very mixed reports about it so far. Before shelling out on it I need to know whether it is easy to get a smooth finish on a wall without too much sanding down or even without any sanding down afterwards (I don't like the dust when sanding (mask or no mask) and, in any event, I have read that smooth-over products can contain a form of asbestos - something to be avoided). Thanks,
Dave

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Dave, if you only want to do very small bits then I would say yes but it will be similar to put on as plaster and the finish will only be as good as you are at putting it on. So expect some sanding if you have not had much practice at this type of thing. If there is a lot to do like an whole wall then I would plaster it or if you can't do it yourself then get someone in. It shouldn't cost too much and you will have good surface to work with afterwards.

DIYDAVE09
Apprentice
Apprentice

by DIYDAVE09 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Thanks for your reply !
Dave

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 pm

I have never knowen anyone to have used this, Dave could you tell us how you got on with this. Is it really as easy and as good as the advert states. Just so i know weither to give up plastering :o

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:49 am