No hot water, CH ok
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Pivotal
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Pivotal » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi thanks for the replies, I got posted to a different base for the past week so havent had access to either the internet or the problem.

When the stat trips the orange get 190VAC, otherwise the blue gets 240VAC.

plumbers1
Tradesman
Tradesman

Problems

by plumbers1 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:36 am

GET QUALIFIED EXPERIENCED PLUMBER?HEATING ENGINEER TO DO JOB, THATS BEST ADVICE!

Pivotal
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Pivotal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:26 pm

I would like to thank the people that offered help & advice, I have fixed the problem & hope the solution may help someone in the future.

I went to a diy store to look at the workings of a new valve so I could see what the inside of my valve was doing, that increased my knowledge.

I checked all circuits again & couldnt find a problem, so I went back to the the starting point - low pressure.

I part drained the system via the lowest radiator (decided to take the valve of while I had the chance), then I refilled it SLOWLY, making sure to manually put water through the HW circuit & the CH circuit, until it reached pressure. I bled the radiators & some from the system pipe & left it over night.

Next day switched both circuits on independantly & both worked, but they were both noisy, I bled again & left another day. Now work normally.

I spent just 99p & gained a lot of insight into the workings thanks to the input of others (well not PLUMBERS1) on this DIY forum, I hope I can repay the favor on the various IT & Photographic forums I participate on.

Pete