Mould Resistant Paint For Use In Bathroom
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DaiB
Labourer
Labourer

Mould Resistant Paint For Use In Bathroom

Post by DaiB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Hello All

I have a mould problem in the bathroom that I have never really address properly, I am planning a full clean up, wash down, decorate grout etc.. I have found a Mould Protect Matt Emulsion Paint that has good reviews but it comes in only one colour, white.

I would like another colour other than white, can this/should this be painted over?

Comments appreciated

Cheers

Dai

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Mould Resistant Paint For Use In Bathroom

Post by theshedman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:37 am

Get rid of all the mould first otherwise it will continue to grow under the new paint. I find that Dettol Mould and Mildew remover works well though you may have to give it more than one coat depending on how bad it is. Dulux bathroom paint comes in many colours not just white and is mould resistant. I have used this many times and found it to be good. Just remember it is all in the preparation and you do need to get rid of any existing mould first.

nicolefinch
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Mould Resistant Paint For Use In Bathroom

Post by nicolefinch » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:47 am

Hi, I saw your post is about mould in the bathroom and I want to share my personal experience. What helped me in my case was bleach but you have to apply it on the walls before you paint them. Otherwise you will ruin everything.

My advice is to find where the mould comes from. Despite the mould resistant paint, the problem will still occur, unless you deal with its roots. And why don't you install tiles instead of painting? :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm