What to do With Exposed Wires After Removing Wall Light?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RM Bath
Labourer
Labourer

What to do With Exposed Wires After Removing Wall Light?

Post by RM Bath » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 pm

FullSizeRender.jpg
This evening I removed a small wall light from the main bedroom. It doesn't work and my wife doesn't like it.

In so doing, I have exposed a load of wires (see image), which I would just like to push back into the wall and then cover, but I suspect that is not a very good idea.

Appreciate some advice on how to do this safely.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What to do With Exposed Wires After Removing Wall Light?

Post by ericmark » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:00 am

The easy way it to fit something like a clock connection unit or a back box and blanking plate.

Any cables in the wall must be identified as being there. We are allowed vertical and horizontal paths to an electrical outlet be it a switch, socket, FCU or even a blanking plate but once these are removed you also need to remove the cables as in the future some one may drill into the wall without realising it is there.

I also have wall lights which I don't use left on the wall solely to identify where cables run. I have some spot lights with 0.58W LED bulbs in just to identify there are wires there the light is so weak really does no good.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:55 pm