Thinking of buying a place in Spain
Thinking about moving abroad? Click here for questions, answers and issues surrounding this topic

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jenniemiller1977
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thinking of buying a place in Spain

by jenniemiller1977 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a place in Spain. I still want to keep my property in this country and plan to live in spain for 6 months of the year and in the UK for the other 6 months. Does anyone know any good agencies that they have experience of dealing with who could rent out my property in Spain for the 6 months I am not there?

Also, if you have any tips on any up and coming areas it would be helpful to know what you think.

Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Thinking of buying a place in Spain

by welsh brickie » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm

do not buy on a complex, the maintaince fee yearly always increases and there is always problems associated with neighbours.
Do not expect to make much of a profit,taxes,cleaning costs,electric,water all need to be considered.
Do your groundwork,there are plenty of expat forums to discuss issues relating to the area your considering to buy.
Rent a place before you buy anywhere first.

gc9
Tradesman
Tradesman

by gc9 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Would you really buy in Spain now???
I know house prices have dropped by almost 50% but then with the volatilities of the EURO I'll hold back a bit on this one.

happy_go87
Apprentice
Apprentice

by happy_go87 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:37 pm

I have several properties brought off plan before the bomb shell. I am sad to say my experience is awful - a cross section of property, types and developers and everyone is a story you wouldnt afflict upon your friend. In additon i have friends who would also add to this advice. I would say only buy if you loking to flip them. Otherwise you have no idea of ALL THE HIDDEN traps you cant imagine may await you. Basically rip up the rule book when it comes to everything you take for granted in the Uk. Avoid owning one if you going to keep it, rent it. (unless your planning to live in it)

Tina Myles
Labourer
Labourer

by Tina Myles » Thu May 28, 2015 8:49 am

I think it's a good idea to buy a property in Spain. The country has now been in economic turmoil for more than 5 years and this is directly reflecting to property prices. A friend of mine bought a brand new luxury colonial-style town house with two bedrooms close to a landscape gardens and a golf course. The house is located in the Desert springs resort (Almeria) region of southern Spain and he paid for it just little over £145,000. The realtor told him that this was less than 50 %of the original asking price. So should you have any free money to invest, just go and buy a property in Spain.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:23 pm