Problem with Miele Fridge Freezer KDN12823S
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Wildeep
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with Miele Fridge Freezer KDN12823S

by Wildeep » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi, this Miele fridge freezer which is approx 9 years old has developed a fault, where the fridge is no longer cooling. The Freezer is. I was advised by Miele to do a defrost and this got the fridge working again but it then stopped working again a couple of weeks later.
My question is - can anyone diagnose the likely cause of this based on what I've said and also I'm not sure which option to take in terms of servicing the fridge freezer.
Option 1) Miele charge a £130 call out charge for first hour which doesn't include any parts
Option 2) Miele offer a £250 repair which does include parts - they seem to be trying to say this usually works out cheaper.
Option 3) a local fridge repair man has said he'd charge a £90 callout charge and he thought it might be a problem with the sensor which would cost around £70
Option 4) Buy a completely new fridge freezer!

it would be incredibly helpful if anyone could give me an idea of the likely cause of the fault, or any other ideas of what do to.

many thanks in advance.

barry biggs
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Problem with Miele Fridge Freezer KDN12823S

by barry biggs » Sun May 29, 2022 12:28 pm

Wildeep wrote:Hi, this Miele fridge freezer which is approx 9 years old has developed a fault, where the fridge is no longer cooling. The Freezer is. I was advised by Miele to do a defrost and this got the fridge working again but it then stopped working again a couple of weeks later.
My question is - can anyone diagnose the likely cause of this based on what I've said and also I'm not sure which option to take in terms of servicing the fridge freezer.
Option 1) Miele charge a £130 call out charge for first hour which doesn't include any parts
Option 2) Miele offer a £250 repair which does include parts - they seem to be trying to say this usually works out cheaper.
Option 3) a local fridge repair man has said he'd charge a £90 callout charge and he thought it might be a problem with the sensor which would cost around £70
Option 4) Buy a completely new fridge freezer!

it would be incredibly helpful if anyone could give me an idea of the likely cause of the fault, or any other ideas of what do to.

many thanks in advance.
The issue will be the freezer evaporator sensor running through the left side of the evaporator. http://www.agsrefrigeration.co.uk//

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:12 pm