Radiator Inlets on Right and Left Hand Side
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bayardmm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Radiator Inlets on Right and Left Hand Side

by Bayardmm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:37 pm

My downstairs radiators have their inlets on the right side, but upstairs the inlets are on the left. I deduce this by virtue of the first part to get hot. Is this normal, or bodged plumbing in a house built 29 years ago? When I had a combi boiler installed all of the valves were replaced by thermostatic ones, but they were all fitted on the right side. Would I benefit by having the upstairs Lockshield valves being fully opened?

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Radiator Inlets on Right and Left Hand Side

by collectors » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Bayardmm wrote:My downstairs radiators have their inlets on the right side, but upstairs the inlets are on the left. I deduce this by virtue of the first part to get hot. Is this normal, or bodged plumbing in a house built 29 years ago? When I had a combi boiler installed all of the valves were replaced by thermostatic ones, but they were all fitted on the right side. Would I benefit by having the upstairs Lockshield valves being fully opened?

Most TRV are universal & it won't matter which end of the rad it goes on. The lockshield valves are for balancing the system & can be opened right up, but may unbalance the system. If the system is working fine, why touch it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1