Radiators are on when c/h is off.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Peter Hamilton-Scott
Labourer
Labourer

Radiators are on when c/h is off.

by Peter Hamilton-Scott » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:03 am

Guys, first post here, so apologies if this problem I've got with my c/h has been covered before.

My c/h is a Baxi Bermuda back-boiler controlled by Danfoss thermostat and control unit. I've switched the thermostat down to 0 deg and I've turned off the c/h in the control unit. When the hot water timer kicks in the radiators get hot as well.

Is this a problem with the motorised valve? It has a lever on it which sometimes has no resistance when you push it and it sometimes just seems to do nothing. The motor box is externally fitted so can be replaced and we had this done about two years ago but I can't remember why is needed replacing. I've got this thing in my head that it is the motor box that needs replacing but I really don't know for sure.

Sorry if i'm being stoopid asking what might be a common question but I would appreciate some advice or a link to a detailed explanation of what I can look at before I call the c/h engineer in to look at it.

Many thanks.

Reynoldspc
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Reynoldspc » Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 am

The valve for the heating might be jammed open. If the lever has no resistance when htg is off, valve is open, somestimes the synchron motor gets stuck, just needs reolaced. If the lever has resistance when heating is off, but hot water is still passing through the valve you will need the whole valve replaced as it is "passing"

Peter Hamilton-Scott
Labourer
Labourer

by Peter Hamilton-Scott » Sun May 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback. For some reason the fault has 'recitified' itself and now we've got hot water alone and nothing passing through to the radiotors. Maybe there was a bit of crud in the three-way valve which was sticking? Anyway, it's all ok again.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1