Raising Bathroom Floor by 30 cm
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

James Wardell
Labourer
Labourer

Raising Bathroom Floor by 30 cm

by James Wardell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 am

Hello

I would like to raise the floor of my bathroom by 30 cm. The area of the bathroom is 2 m wide by 3.40 m in length. Originally concrete was poured over solid bricks and then tiled. There is only a damp proof course under the walls. The bricks used old pond silt as mortar, and there is some kind of fly ash/lime render on the walls that is very strong - but you can see the chunks of lime in it.

I thought that I could flll the dip in the corner, where there are no tiles and where the bath tub used to be - with the self levelling compound - then use the Leiertherm type brick that has air holes to raise the floor height. My thinking is that it would be relatively easy to brick over the existing level floor - and the bricks would be strong and provide insulation the new bathroom floor. I intend on putting a wet underfloor heating system on top of the bricks, and then tile it all with 60x60 ceramic tiles. The bricks are this type: http://www.leier.com.hr/home/baustoffe/ ... erm-30-uz3

I've attached some site photos of the project. Any advice is more than welcome. Thank you
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 11.00.12.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 am