Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kevlar86
Labourer
Labourer

Raising garden to deck level, drainage?

by Kevlar86 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:18 am

Hi, first time poster.
I recently had a large composite deck put down. It was put on top of a concrete patio and dirt after extention was completed. Was done by professional and is a good job. Now I'm want to landscape the garden and turf the lot. Quotes are mental so giving it a go myself.

My question is, my current garden is grass and slab patio that slopes left to right as you look at it, if I fill it in and level the lot, using sleepers as edge retaining wall. Will water pool underneath my deck causing rot. (Gardeners have suggested type 1 before soil if that helps) photo attached.
Attachments
Started lifting patio slabs. A lot of sand underneath. Want to raise up to lip of deck so theres no step down.
Started lifting patio slabs. A lot of sand underneath. Want to raise up to lip of deck so theres no step down.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Raising garden to deck level, drainage?

by stoneyboy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi kevlar86
Assuming the whole of your new deck was constructed using composite decking and joists rot should not be an issue.
Regards S

Kevlar86
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Raising garden to deck level, drainage?

by Kevlar86 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. The decking is composite yes. But the frame underneath is treated timber 4x2 and 6x2. With a weed garden underneath them ontop of existing concrete patio, with gaps and sand under it???

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:28 am