Remove sanded paint from a floor
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
NotBobB
Labourer
Labourer

Remove sanded paint from a floor

by NotBobB » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi. Wasn´t sure to post here or on the "patio forum". Complete DIY newbie. My sob story is loss of job means no paying professionals for any "non dangerous work"

Anyway. Has anyone got any hack how best to remove a lot of loose flecked paint from the floor (patio driveway, damp concrete etc.).
I decided to do a paint job myself and the first thing I did was take off all the old mostly falling off paint.
Obviously gravity meant it all fell onto the floor.

I did sweep up with a outdoor brush but a LOT still remains. And also it´s been raining, so the damp hasn´t helped.

Just wondered if there was a special hack to make it easier. Like giant sticky tape or something.

Thanks (no doubt I´ll be back with more dumb questions soon enough).

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Remove sanded paint from a floor

by stoneyboy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi notbobb
Have you tried a pressure washer?
Regards S

NotBobB
Labourer
Labourer

by NotBobB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:08 am

Hi. No. Is like that a hose pipe? I don´t actually have a tap that would fit one (squared off and mixer taps).

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:45 pm

Hi notbobb
Same sort of idea but much higher pressure so the water jet blasts away debris. Look at them on line, you should be able to hire one for a day at a reasonable cost. They normally work from a tap connection but sucking out of a bucket of water also works.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:41 am