Removing mortar from the face of bricks
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thomask
Labourer
Labourer

Removing mortar from the face of bricks

by thomask » Thu May 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Does anyone know how to remove mortar form the face of bricks. I have had landscapers in to finish a project that I ran out of time on and they have got mortar all over the brickwork I previously laid - clumsy lot!!

goose
Tradesman
Tradesman

by goose » Sat May 31, 2008 11:01 pm

I been trying clean off an old chimney place, you can get an acidic brick cleaner from places like b&q. Make sure you wear protective clothes googles etc.

thomask
Labourer
Labourer

by thomask » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Many thanks Goose

Does the acidic cleaner work well - I'm always at B&Q for stuff, never thought to check them out. Does the face of the brick remain OK or is there some degrading of the original??

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:50 am