Repairing a Bosch GWS 8-115 Angle Grinder
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mcaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Repairing a Bosch GWS 8-115 Angle Grinder

Post by mcaddy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 pm

My Angle Grinder stopped working some time back and after popping off the case I quickly diagnosed the fault, the Suppression filter had visibly failed. Without a Job that required it I never got round to fixing. However the time has come to use again and I've bought a replacement part but have lost the notes I made about which cable connected to which.

I've got hold of the exploded diagram but I'm not having much luck working out which is which.

The Unit I have (which is identical to the faulty component) doesn't quite match the one in the diagram

Any Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Repairing a Bosch GWS 8-115 Angle Grinder

Post by mcaddy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm

I know it's kinda bad form to answer your own questions but I figured I do it anyway as I managed to solve my problem thanks to some Russians!

I wasn't getting very far with the exploded diagram as the outputs on the filter didn't really correlate with the layout in the diagram.

Whist searching for a datasheet for the filter I stumbled across an Russian Language forum with some photos of a partially dissembled grinder. luckily this was just enough for me to trace the cables.

http://www.mastergrad.com/forums/t17253 ... -gws850ce/

Hopefully this will be of some use if anyone else is looking through past topics in the future.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 am