Replace closet light with led system
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
knersis
Labourer
Labourer

Replace closet light with led system

by knersis » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:36 pm

Hi, I have a walk-in closet with a light switch on the outside and a normal light inside. I would like to replace this by converting the existing system with a usb plugin led motion detecting strip light, as there is no electrical sockets anywhere near.

Is this possible and if so how?

thank you kindly

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replace closet light with led system

by Mr White » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:39 am

What you are asking for can not safely be explained via a forum, you will also need test equipment.
I would however I suggest you Click here it is as you asked for, a LED light, but this one is held by magnets (and a metal plate) so when the battery goes, you take it down charge it (Via usb) put it back, and it works out to be cheaper.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replace closet light with led system

by ericmark » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:55 pm

You can get a PIR bulb, that's the easy way. There were years ago adaptors to run ones smoothing iron from the light socket even with double adaptors and pull cords.

Likely designed when lighting electric charged independent of power electric at a lower price, using lighting for power was illegal but unlikely to get caught.

But it resulted in items being used without an earth, which was clearly dangerous so the supply dried up.

You can get plug in ceiling Rose's, so it is possible, but not really a good idea.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:08 am