REplacing a light fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Holden
Labourer
Labourer

REplacing a light fitting

by Holden » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi,

I am trying to replace a light fitting. . . the instructions clearly show how to wire the live, N and earth wires from the fitting. . . however, from the mains it has a L, N , E and switch feeder and switch return. . . it has the wires arranged as: N to N, E to E, L to Switch return, spare to (Switch feeder and L) in a 4 way block. . . .

My problem is when I take down the existing fitting, there are only 3 wires coming out of the ciling, L, N and E. . . . Can I safely assume that all I need to do is match up the wires on the 4 way block and leave a spare connector at one end??????

Any advice appreciated. . ..

electricman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by electricman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Your explanation is a unclear however, connect neutral to neutral, earth to earth, and the liave you have left at the ceiling connect this to live on the new light, try the light to see if it works, if it does not switch off move the live from the ceiling to the other connection you have left, leaving the earth and neutral in their own connections.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:22 am