Replacing undercabinet strip lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
actoms
Apprentice
Apprentice

Replacing undercabinet strip lights

Post by actoms » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:31 am

I am looking to replace two current fluorescent undercabinet lighting units with LED equivalents.
The current lights are daisy chained together and I attach a pic of the plug at each cable end of the linked unit.
The new LEDs have a Figure 8 connection but I have been unable to establish the identity of the existing plugs in order to purchase suitable converters.
Are they available at all?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replacing undercabinet strip lights

Post by Mr White » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:55 am

In the time you will take to find such "converters" (If they indeed exist) you could have either changed the existing plugs or installed new cables as required and saved time / money in the process.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replacing undercabinet strip lights

Post by ericmark » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:40 am

If the original connector is ISO then you may find [url=https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GKLC20.html?source=adwords&ad_position=&ad_id=&placement=&kw=&network=x&matchtype=&ad_type=pla&product_id=GKLC20&product_partition_id=&campaign=shopping_accessories&version=finalurl_v3&gclid=CjwKCAjwyaWZBhBGEiwACslQo36xHXvb_f8VopeVOJh6Qt4jpeF5BPZDc8KuCn9BHtquMXuDCEaLGBoC35QQAvD_BwE] an adaptor [/url] but in the main we use a junction box, and cut off the original connector.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:39 pm