Router advice
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cresser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Router advice

by cresser » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 am

Hi,

I am trying to get hold of a router - entry level thats all, about £100, but I want one with a power on lock facility. Any advice. thanks, cresser.

Hugh Schkok
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Router advice

by Hugh Schkok » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:55 pm

I am trying to get hold of a router - entry level thats all, about £100, but I want one with a power on lock facility. Any advice. thanks, cresser.

WTF is a power on lock facility?
Look at it this way. Standing in front of a mirror and hold up your outspread hands and count up the number of fingers and equally thumbs and decide if you love them enough that the loss of any one is going to make eating an ice cream somewhat very difficult or when they assume the status of AWOL.
Next measure how far from your digits are from the top of you wrist where tgere reside a main blood artery.
Next to test my theory wrap your self a huge fat boy and pull a black hood over you head leaving just your fat boy smoking away in you gob
feel your way to your project and press your " power on lock facility". You will hear the machine building up speed to aroun 20,000RPMthen a last tug pn your fat boy and plunge in the router not. It take an instant liking to your digits and they will will appear on your workshop wall like weiners with way too much ketchup on. In a very painful and despairing moment you drop this beast ( as your fingers are AWOL by now) and the beast cocks its self off. or in your preference remains on.

By now it is hopping round like a monkey with a machine gun. and takes a liking to a lump of tender genital sweer meat. Some one who knows of your incapability's appears ad throw the wall switch. The beast stops and amid a sea of blood and you own personal ectoplasm you look up to your life saver and say to them "Darn"

On a more grown up channel. I have several routers and have used them since before they were called "rowterse" I have corrected that to English. I have a Makita pale router a DeWalt plunge router which I used the most and a good ol' Milawakee mid ranger coverted from 110v to 240v. I very strongly adbise you not to sign up yo the Top Gun Academy all the while you have difficuly in the paper dart classroom. Routers cost fingers

PSJjuat for now go cut off any plugs you have for now. Get some good tuition befores you have the pluc(s) refitted

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am