Salamander CTFORCE 30 PT pump not being activated when I turn on taps
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Margolite
Labourer
Labourer

Salamander CTFORCE 30 PT pump not being activated when I turn on taps

by Margolite » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:24 pm

My plumber installed this pump on 4 October 2022, and it was working fine.

I live in a first floor flat in a custom-built block and the pump services my bathroom, where there is a basin and a bath.

I have both a hot water tank and a cold-water tank in a cupboard next to the bathroom. The cold-water tank is on the top and then under this is the hot water tank. There's a lot of pipework surrounding both tanks.

Early in January, my plumber changed the thermostat on my immersion heater, as it wasn't working properly.

He had to drain the water tank to a level below the thermostat, so that he could change it. After he had changed the thermostat, the pump no longer was activated when I turned on the hot tap on the basin, nor did it activate when I turned the hot tap on, on the bath. However, initially, when the cold tap on the basin was turned on the pump was activated. Similarly, for the cold tap on the bath.

(I could, at first, turn on the hot tap on both basin and bath get a normal flow of hot water.) I’ve been away for a month and now I find that the pump is getting harder to activate.

I moved into this flat in July 2022 and the hot water taps activated the existing pump, although the water gushed out rather than a normal flow.

This was still the case when my plumber installed the new pump.

Although he is an experienced Corgi registered plumber he was unable to figure out why changing the thermostat meant that the pump wasn't activated by the hot tap anymore.

He tried Salamander’s helpline but they failed to answer.

Now that the situation has worsened I am at a loss at what to do, as my plumber doesn’t know and Salamander won’t respond. They sent me a list of questions and requests for photos, which I have sent them, but can’t get any further response from them. Is there anyone out there who can help me, please?
Any help would be much appreciated.

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:28 am