Shed/ Summer house base
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BuyersAssistant
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shed/ Summer house base

by BuyersAssistant » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 am

Hello,

I moved into my house about a year ago. We have two level to our garden, and the lower level is adjascent to an old brook and the ground is quite soft.

The previous owner sited a summer house at this level, and it looks like it is starting to list slightly. i don't think it has a suitable base.

We previously had two sheds moved from some unsuitable ground, and a builder built a base for them in another area.

I was wondering how to go about building a base for the summer house on the lower level, or whether the ground is too soft. Presumably it would need to be quite deep on this sort of ground?

I don't really want to get a professional in again as it is quite expensive.

I have quite a few paving slabs left from a old paved area.

I was thinking, dig a deep and level hole, fill with hard core, compact it, concrete, then pave it?

Any advise ?

How do you keep the surface level?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Shed/ Summer house base

by welsh brickie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm

clear the area the size of the shed,down about 300mm,compact the ground with hardcore, and frame the area with scaffold planks,level them and prop them in place and lay reinforcing mesh and concrete it,the concrete should be at least 100mm thick.You can hire a mixer,compactor plate and scaffold planks for your needs.

BuyersAssistant
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Shed/ Summer house base

by BuyersAssistant » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks Welsh Brickie.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:31 am